South Africa is changing its marriage lawsome of the key changes proposed in the new policy include:
- The new Marriage Act will enable South Africans of different sexual orientation, religious and cultural persuasions to conclude legal marriages;
- The introduction of strict rules around the age of marriage (including the alignment of age of majority in the marriage legislation to the Children’s Act);
- It will align the marriage, matrimonial property and divorce legislation to address matrimonial property and intestate succession matters in the event of the marriage dissolution;
- It will allow for equitable treatment and respect for religious and customary beliefs in line with Section 15 of the Constitution.
- It will deal with the solemnisation and registration of marriages that involve foreign nationals;
- It will deal with the solemnisation and registration of customary marriages that involve non-citizens especially cross-border communities or citizens of our neighbouring countries.
All things Rugby
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Only a green paper at the moment