Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

All things Rugby
jdogscoop

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

Post by jdogscoop »

Ogre wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:15 am
Slim 293 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:10 am Andrews just added that when we hit 80% first jabbed next week the travel limit will extend from 10km to 15km... :thumbup:
I will put the champagne on ice in anticipation of this momentous occasion! Pity it makes no difference to seeing people for me though, or being able to enjoy living in a large city. But I guess I should be greatful for the opportunity to lesson the gulag like restrictions (I might be a bit grumpy with that utter plum Dan Andrews though)
Would you rather be like our mates up the road? Ignoring the need to lock down because it was inconvenient?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Finafvxkingly. A plan. 220 odd days of lockdown and we now have a plan.

4 more weeks of lockdown ahead. But light at the end of the tunnel. 4 more weeks don't seem so bad when there is a plan.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Clogs wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:28 am Finafvxkingly. A plan. 220 odd days of lockdown and we now have a plan.

4 more weeks of lockdown ahead. But light at the end of the tunnel. 4 more weeks don't seem so bad when there is a plan.
Disingenous. There were phased plans to come out of previous lockdowns, based on bringing cases down to a certain level. Unfortunately, incursions including those from SA and NSW forced us into subsequent lockdowns.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

It should be noted, that there is an important caveat in the roadmap...

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Slim 293 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:18 am It should be noted, that there is an important caveat in the roadmap...

In fairness that is not an unreasonable thing. If we hit 10 000 hospitalisations and 3 000 in ICU, even if we are at 90% Vax rates they will have to pull some lockdown levers.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:07 am Pretty shocking scenes coming out of Melbourne yesterday. 10 police officers were hospitalised by violent rioters, many of whom were captured on camera wearing swastikas and shouting neo-Nazi chants.
There is no point trying to appease the likes of them.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:27 am
Slim 293 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:10 am Andrews just added that when we hit 80% first jabbed next week the travel limit will extend from 10km to 15km... :thumbup:
I will put the champagne on ice in anticipation of this momentous occasion! Pity it makes no difference to seeing people for me though, or being able to enjoy living in a large city. But I guess I should be greatful for the opportunity to lesson the gulag like restrictions (I might be a bit grumpy with that utter plum Dan Andrews though)
Would you rather be like our mates up the road? Ignoring the need to lock down because it was inconvenient?
Is this a barb aimed at Sydney/the NSW government J-dog?

If so it's very juvenile to be chest beating about case numbers, and your camel is coming to bite you on the arse again.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ellafan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:10 am

If so it's very juvenile to be chest beating about case numbers, and your camel is coming to bite you on the arse again.
It is a criticism of NSW dithering before locking down when it was plainly obvious they needed to do so, and then by dint of their incompetence, sending Victoria, ACT and NZ into lockdown too.

So yes, it is a barb aimed at the NSW Government. Sorry, not sorry.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Been some decent rioting on twitter.
Farva

Post by Farva »

DragsterDriver wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:42 am Been some decent rioting on twitter.
Mostly professional anarchists and neo nazis there for a fight with the police rather than genuine protest.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am
DragsterDriver wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:42 am Been some decent rioting on twitter.
Mostly professional anarchists and neo nazis there for a fight with the police rather than genuine protest.
Yep. It's interesting that there were similar protests in Perth and Brisbane despite neither city being under lockdown. Most of the signs I saw rioters carrying in Bris were anti-vaccine and anti government.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Yeah, the footage of the old lady being pepper knocked over and pepper sprayed showed a loverly defence of democracy.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:35 am

It is a criticism of NSW dithering before locking down when it was plainly obvious they needed to do so, and then by dint of their incompetence, sending Victoria, ACT and NZ into lockdown too.

Jdog, the Burnett institute released modeling today that has Victoria peaking at 1500 plus cases a day - and possibly over 2000 per day in about 4 -5 weeks. You must have missed that.

All your politically charged chest beating about case numbers has been for nothing. Fortunately, it no longer matters. As vaccination reach increases, the number that matters now is hospitalizations [sic - Bill Gates can't spell.]. As your man Dan said, this is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Here seems to be more tattooed roiders. Strange bunch.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

DragsterDriver wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:03 am

A Cambridge thing,? London has been peaceful groups.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

bimboman wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:50 am

Yeah, the footage of the old lady being pepper knocked over and pepper sprayed showed a loverly defence of democracy.
Don't like it? Stay at home like the rest of us did.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

A crowd of 500 people, or in other words 0.025% of the population of Melbourne.

They got what they wanted though. People to think this was somehow representative of the wider populace.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ellafan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:52 am

Jdog, the Burnett institute released modeling today that has Victoria peaking at 1500 plus cases a day - and possibly over 2000 per day in about 4 -5 weeks. You must have missed that.

All your politically charged chest beating about case numbers has been for nothing. Fortunately, it no longer matters. As vaccination reach increases, the number that matters now is hospitalizations [sic - Bill Gates can't spell.]. As your man Dan said, this is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated.
How many are NSW peaking at then, on account of their rank incompetence?

Unlike you Ella, I've voted both sides of the ballot card. So I call it as I see it, not just as a card carrying member.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:08 am

Unlike you Ella, I've voted both sides of the ballot card. So I call it as I see it, not just as a card carrying member.
1. We've done the swinging vote comparison already - as I recall it, I am :nod: winning 3-2

2. It looks like we've peaked at 1500 and about 30.

3. It looks like Victoria may be in fact going to peak at more than that.

Go figure.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

bimboman wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:04 am

https://twitter.com/zorand011/status/14 ... 10659?s=21
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ellafan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:17 am

1. We've done the swinging vote comparison already - as I recall it, I am :nod: winning 3-2

Go figure.
Haha, so the city that didn't need to lock down is now the city that may / may not be worse than anywhere else?

Quick case recap:

New South Wales

Victoria
Not intended as a sledge of NSW citizens, but rather a reminder of the NSW Government's incompetence. Pure and utter hubris. Berejiklian needs to get her marching orders at the next election.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:23 am

Go figure.
Haha, so the city that didn't need to lock down is now the city that may / may not be worse than anywhere else?

Quick case recap:

New South Wales

Victoria
Not intended as a sledge of NSW citizens, but rather a reminder of the NSW Government's incompetence. Pure and utter hubris. Berejiklian needs to get her marching orders at the next election.
Quoted for future reference so you can't edit it when you realise what a complete twat you just made of yourself.

See you in 5 weeks.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

DragsterDriver wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:18 am
bimboman wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:04 am

https://twitter.com/zorand011/status/14 ... 10659?s=21

We’ve no idea if they were peaceful the coppers piled in though. They should have blocked a motorway exit or two.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Ellafan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:27 am

Go figure.

Quick case recap:

New South Wales

Victoria
Quoted for future reference so you can't edit it when you realise what a complete twat you just made of yourself.

See you in 5 weeks.
The case numbers are meaningless. It’s the way the leaders have reacted that matters.
For me, the NSW leadership held back from doing anything, and that may have compromised Vic and ACT. And NZ are still a few weeks from getting over it too. Had Gladys acted when she should have, potentially Melbourne wouldn’t be in this mess.
You may disagree. Sure. But for me the fact that Vic will have similar case numbers to Sydney is not the issue. It’s that the NSW leadership didn’t react appropriately.
It may be that Vic would be in trouble regardless. But we didn’t get the opportunity to find out.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ellafan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:27 am

Go figure.

Quick case recap:

New South Wales

Victoria

See you in 5 weeks.
You are deeply in love with the NSW Government. Fact.

You cannot handle the slightest criticism about them. How fvcking sad is that, you pathetic Liberal card carrying gimp.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

I have decided, going forward, when responding to clearly drunken aggressive illogical provocations like yours above, to take a leaf from the book of the gentle soul of Dr Mulcahy, a wonderful quietly spoken, spiritual man.

You are wrong, a proper and scientific assessment of the figures has nothing to do with calling people rude names. You seem to be seeking to escalate some personal animus to avoid actually discussing the facts.

Let's get back to those, shall we:

The Burnett institute released modeling today that has Victoria peaking at 1500 plus cases a day - and possibly over 2000 per day in about 4 -5 weeks.

Your ad hominem attacks have not changed the reality of that 1 iota.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ellafan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:14 pm I have decided, going forward, when responding to clearly drunken aggressive illogical provocations like yours above, to take a leaf from the book of the gentle soul of Dr Mulcahy, a wonderful quietly spoken, spiritual man.

You are wrong, a proper and scientific assessment of the figures has nothing to do with calling people rude names. You seem to be seeking to escalate some personal animus to avoid actually discussing the facts.

Let's get back to those, shall we:

The Burnett institute released modeling today that has Victoria peaking at 1500 plus cases a day - and possibly over 2000 per day in about 4 -5 weeks.

Your ad hominem attacks have not changed the reality of that 1 iota.
Ellaflange wrote:
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Jdog, are you aware of Hanlon's razor?

Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by stupidity.

Let me say with clarity, I don't ascribe any of your pots to malice. ;)
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Double post, but waiting to see Jdog's next drunken insult.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ellafan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:22 pm Double post, but waiting to see Jdog's next drunken insult.
Jdog is like a royal navy helmsman on double rum rations and shore leave.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

The case numbers are meaningless. It’s the way the leaders have reacted that matters.

“Do something “

“There’s not much we can do that will be a net positive “

“I don’t care do something and signal it now”.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ellafan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:22 pm Double post, but waiting to see Jdog's next drunken insult.
Forgive me for not keeping up with the kids, but since when did "complete twat" disappear from the insulting lexicon? It seems you're being given a free pass on this one.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Clogs wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:35 pm
Haha yes, a quiet couple of beers at home on a Sunday. Wild.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Don't leave us in suspense Clogs. When's your next laugh a minute screenplay being released?
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

It's interesting isn't it.

He says "Berejiklian [Bill Gates wants to amend that to "Libertarian", by the by] needs to get her marching orders at the next election" as if it is some sort of Allah given lefty prescribed truth, yet he speaks for no-one in NSW.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:04 pm
I'd suggest drinking some more, and typing a lot less, would be the optimum solution.

Have a nice night, and be good to the lady :thumbup:
Last edited by Ellafan on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Watching the brownlow I hope. You know you want to.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ellafan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:06 pm

He says "Berejiklian [Bill Gates wants to amend that to "Libertarian", by the by] needs to get her marching orders at the next election" as if it is some sort of Allah given lefty prescribed truth, yet he speaks for no-one in NSW.
If you think resisting lockdown because it is inconvenient, only for Delta to go nuts and enforce it anyway, deserves another term then fill your boots.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Clogs wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Watching the brownlow I hope. You know you want to.
Nah, I like the footy but not that much. P.S. if Bont doesn't win it I will hiff my GF party pies into the street in disgust (tomorrow).
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:15 pm
Ellafan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:06 pm

If you think resisting lockdown because it is inconvenient, only for Delta to go nuts and enforce it anyway, deserves another term then fill your boots.
Go to bed mate, and read the Burnett institute modeling in the morning when you have some clarity of vision.