Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

All things Rugby
Fruit and Nutt
Posts: 370
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:37 pm

Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

:frown:
ROYAL husband Mike Tindall has been claiming furlough cash for his business even though he is reportedly worth more than £15million.

The ex-England rugby star, 42 — married to the Queen’s grand-daughter Zara — sought government aid for the firm which manages his speaking engagements after they dried up.

Last year the England World Cup winner was named the globe’s fourth-richest rugby player — worth an estimated £15.7million — by Ruck magazine.

Accounts for his firm Kimble Trading Ltd, filed in December, state: “The outbreak of Covid-19 and subsequent restrictions imposed have led to a number of events in 2020 being cancelled.

“The company has taken advantage of all available government aid in order to support the business and its employees through the crisis.”

According to the accounts, the company has only one member of staff — believed to be Tindall himself.

It also appears on a government list of firms using the furlough scheme, which pays 80 per cent of a worker’s salary.

Tory MP Nigel Mills said: “It’s a bit rich for Mike Tindall to be taking money from the public purse.”

Tindall’s business accounts are published every year. Forensic accountant Steve Hale, of Perrys, examined them for The Sun.

He said: “Under normal circumstances, Mike Tindall appears to make most of his money through share dividends and interest-free loans from his company. Over the years he has ‘borrowed’ nearly £330,000, and every year he adds to this ‘debt’.

“It’s a way of taking money out of the business while paying less tax in the short term.

“He will also pay himself a small salary — small enough that he won’t have to pay National Insurance on it, probably around £730 a month.
User avatar
DragsterDriver
Posts: 26337
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Big Willi Style

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by DragsterDriver »

What a prick.
User avatar
Rowdy
Posts: 2439
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Rowdy »

Pillock.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 32646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by eldanielfire »

How does a Mike Tindall company get to be worth £15 million for speaking engagements? Even with support from his wife.

I like Tindall but in claiming Furlong he is a complete dick and it's such stingy move. He doesn't need it. How greedy do you need to be.
C69
Posts: 41305
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by C69 »

He has done nothing illegal./sometoeragcunnt
User avatar
The Sun God
Posts: 13261
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Best country in the world.

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by The Sun God »

I have met his Missus a few times, a very nice girl and a bit of craic.

O'Driscol has done the same thing in Ireland with the Covid payment.... no big deal really.
User avatar
nardol
Posts: 20444
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by nardol »

i would do it too in same situation


that said its fking rediculous that people of their wealth are eligible for these payments
User avatar
nardol
Posts: 20444
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by nardol »

nardol wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:50 pm i would do it too in same situation


that said its fking rediculous that people of their wealth are eligible for these payments


its a wealth transfer from middle class people to upper class... its bonkers
bimboman
Posts: 70454
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by bimboman »

Erm, plenty of wealthy businesses claimed furlough for their staff, it would have been advised to treat the company as normal and that would mean claiming furlough.
User avatar
Bogbunny
Posts: 5561
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: G W C

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Bogbunny »

nardol wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:50 pm i would do it too in same situation


that said its fking rediculous that people of their wealth are eligible for these payments
Aye, you can take the boy out of Yorkshire, .....
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11626
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

He/we will all be paying it back in tax for years to come anyway (and he'll be paying more than most) so why not?
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 41918
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Anonymous 1 »

The Sun God wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:47 pm I have met his Missus a few times, a very nice girl and a bit of craic.

O'Driscol has done the same thing in Ireland with the Covid payment.... no big deal really.
I've never met his Mrs
User avatar
nardol
Posts: 20444
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by nardol »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:09 pm He/we will all be paying it back in tax for years to come anyway (and he'll be paying more than most) so why not?
he pays no national insurance and takes payment as a loan to reduce tax bill

Nothing wrong with it but to say he will pay it all back..... I don't know....

whats to say he will remain tax resident?
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11626
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

nardol wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:14 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:09 pm He/we will all be paying it back in tax for years to come anyway (and he'll be paying more than most) so why not?
he pays no national insurance and takes payment as a loan to reduce tax bill

Nothing wrong with it but to say he will pay it all back..... I don't know....

whats to say he will remain tax resident?
Ah, I only read the parts about the furlough scheme
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 32646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by eldanielfire »

bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:05 pm Erm, plenty of wealthy businesses claimed furlough for their staff, it would have been advised to treat the company as normal and that would mean claiming furlough.
Plenty of businesses have decided not to. Andrew Neil said he has returned all the furlough payments to Spectator staff as has the Telegraph.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 32646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by eldanielfire »

The Sun God wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:47 pm I have met his Missus a few times, a very nice girl and a bit of craic.

O'Driscol has done the same thing in Ireland with the Covid payment.... no big deal really.
It does mean BOD is as stingy as Tindall. As said, in these cases it's the rich taking form the middle classes.
bimboman
Posts: 70454
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by bimboman »

eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:19 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:05 pm Erm, plenty of wealthy businesses claimed furlough for their staff, it would have been advised to treat the company as normal and that would mean claiming furlough.
Plenty of businesses have decided not to. Andrew Neil said he has returned all the furlough payments to Spectator staff as has the Telegraph.

Then their staff were fully employed. Furloughed staff cannot work.
shereblue
Posts: 4896
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by shereblue »

Typical Planet Rugby clickbait.

Nothing to do with Tindall. His accountants arrange his taxes like they do for any sensible person and claim benefits on offer. No hint of an artificial tax avoidance scheme in sight.

There's been no bribery or corruption or "donation" or even risk-taking greed. Let alone off shore planning or evasion.

Interesting to see some Tory types who've licked the arses of Dyson, Ratcliffe, Martin and the like now suddenly showing themselves to be envious lefties and so woke thay would apparently decline non-means-tested handouts such as child benefit, formerly free TV licences, winter fuel allowances, disability benefit etc, etc.

They like Tory nationalism though, oh yes and putting the boot into the genuinely poor. Questions to Sunak.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 32646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by eldanielfire »

bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:22 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:19 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:05 pm Erm, plenty of wealthy businesses claimed furlough for their staff, it would have been advised to treat the company as normal and that would mean claiming furlough.
Plenty of businesses have decided not to. Andrew Neil said he has returned all the furlough payments to Spectator staff as has the Telegraph.

Then their staff were fully employed. Furloughed staff cannot work.
Many can or don't need to. Going back to my examples, most UK newspapers did not take furlough, there was one News Paper who did take Furlough pay, despite being in the same boat as the rest and promoting it had boosted it's subscribers during lockdown, it was The Guardian. Sadly that means Owen Jones could keep working through the past year.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 41918
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Anonymous 1 »

bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:22 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:19 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:05 pm Erm, plenty of wealthy businesses claimed furlough for their staff, it would have been advised to treat the company as normal and that would mean claiming furlough.
Plenty of businesses have decided not to. Andrew Neil said he has returned all the furlough payments to Spectator staff as has the Telegraph.

Then their staff were fully employed. Furloughed staff cannot work.
It means they applied for and received furlough payments because there was no work for those staff members. However they thought better of it and returned the money and paid them out of their own funds.
bimboman
Posts: 70454
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by bimboman »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:32 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:22 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:19 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:05 pm Erm, plenty of wealthy businesses claimed furlough for their staff, it would have been advised to treat the company as normal and that would mean claiming furlough.
Plenty of businesses have decided not to. Andrew Neil said he has returned all the furlough payments to Spectator staff as has the Telegraph.

Then their staff were fully employed. Furloughed staff cannot work.
It means they applied for and received furlough payments because there was no work for those staff members. However they thought better of it and returned the money and paid them out of their own funds.


And they worked.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 32646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by eldanielfire »

shereblue wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:26 pm Typical Planet Rugby clickbait.

Nothing to do with Tindall. His accountants arrange his taxes like they do for any sensible person and claim benefits on offer. No hint of an artificial tax avoidance scheme in sight.

There's been no bribery or corruption or "donation" or even risk-taking greed. Let alone off shore planning or evasion.
But no one has claimed this at all.

Interesting to see some Tory types who've licked the arses of Dyson, Ratcliffe, Martin and the like now suddenly showing themselves to be envious lefties and so woke thay would apparently decline non-means-tested handouts such as child benefit, formerly free TV licences, winter fuel allowances, disability benefit etc, etc.

They like Tory nationalism though, oh yes and putting the boot into the genuinely poor. Questions to Sunak.
What Tories here has licked the arse off Dyson for his tax/financial arrangement then? Or ever gave credit to Martin who last I read here was roundly condemned for being a c#nt to his employers by everyone here and everyone else.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 32646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by eldanielfire »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:32 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:22 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:19 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:05 pm Erm, plenty of wealthy businesses claimed furlough for their staff, it would have been advised to treat the company as normal and that would mean claiming furlough.
Plenty of businesses have decided not to. Andrew Neil said he has returned all the furlough payments to Spectator staff as has the Telegraph.

Then their staff were fully employed. Furloughed staff cannot work.
It means they applied for and received furlough payments because there was no work for those staff members. However they thought better of it and returned the money and paid them out of their own funds.
Yeah, the broad reasoning some media companies gave was despite ad revenue dropping they should still afford their staff (in some cases by dropping them to 4 days a week and 80% pay) so decided not to take advantage of the scheme even when they could.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 41918
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Anonymous 1 »

bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:32 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:22 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:19 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:05 pm Erm, plenty of wealthy businesses claimed furlough for their staff, it would have been advised to treat the company as normal and that would mean claiming furlough.
Plenty of businesses have decided not to. Andrew Neil said he has returned all the furlough payments to Spectator staff as has the Telegraph.

Then their staff were fully employed. Furloughed staff cannot work.
It means they applied for and received furlough payments because there was no work for those staff members. However they thought better of it and returned the money and paid them out of their own funds.
And they worked.
What EDF posted does not mean they worked. You may have other knowledge of that that you have not shared but you are a cunt so who knows
User avatar
inactionman
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by inactionman »

I did the same - self-employed through my own limited company and was binned at start of pandemic - I claimed less than £500 a month as my salary was small, most of my earnings are dividends depending upon how well I do in a given year. Looks like that is what Tindall would have got as well. Not sure what he's up to with the loan thing, my accountant advised me to do this for e.g. a car purchase but not to stretch it too far - report indicate he's still got £330k outstanding, which I'd say is taking the piss.

Can't believe he earns a huge amount through speaking - unless he's some raconteur VIP on the after-dinner circuit - and that's sure as hell gone to shite with lockdown.

Whether he needs to do it with the inherited wealth - which is where I'd assume the £15m figure comes from - is a separate question.
User avatar
Leinster in London
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Leinster in London »

If he pays himself the minimum, £732/m, then that is his furlough money.

A few years ago I worked down the corridor from the office of a motivational speaker, an ex rower.
He actually had five or six others working for him. I could understand one or two, taking bookings, doing secretarial work, and doing accounts. I never quite understood how he kept the others busy.
Anyway, If Tindell's office is of a similar size, it would not be surprising if two thirds of this staff were put into the scheme.
Have the reporters tried to twist money he pays to his staff as money he is paying himself?
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 20410
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by CrazyIslander »

I like Mike.
Didnt he leave Bath for Gloucester for just an extra $30k? Anyway, he's hit the jackpot marrying Zara.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 39841
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Duff Paddy »

Fair enough for me, he just has a good accountant. Blame the politicians who allowed it.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 39841
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Duff Paddy »

inactionman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:56 pm I did the same - self-employed through my own limited company and was binned at start of pandemic - I claimed less than £500 a month as my salary was small, most of my earnings are dividends depending upon how well I do in a given year. Looks like that is what Tindall would have got as well. Not sure what he's up to with the loan thing, my accountant advised me to do this for e.g. a car purchase but not to stretch it too far - report indicate he's still got £330k outstanding, which I'd say is taking the piss.

Can't believe he earns a huge amount through speaking - unless he's some raconteur VIP on the after-dinner circuit - and that's sure as hell gone to shite with lockdown.

Whether he needs to do it with the inherited wealth - which is where I'd assume the £15m figure comes from - is a separate question.
They sometimes allude to some fairly elitist stuff he gets up on TGTBTR podcast - he is probably doing a fair bit of highly paid top corporate stuff
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 32646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by eldanielfire »

CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:17 pm I like Mike.
Didnt he leave Bath for Gloucester for just an extra $30k? Anyway, he's hit the jackpot marrying Zara.
I'd move cities for an extra 30k. I recall from Mike Catt's Autobiography how he moved to London Irish to be on £70k a year which was significantly higher then what he had before. That 30k could been near doubling some ones wages. The money certainly wasn't in the game much back then.
User avatar
Sefton
Posts: 16216
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Sefton »

Leinster in London wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:09 pm If he pays himself the minimum, £732/m, then that is his furlough money.

A few years ago I worked down the corridor from the office of a motivational speaker, an ex rower.
He actually had five or six others working for him. I could understand one or two, taking bookings, doing secretarial work, and doing accounts. I never quite understood how he kept the others busy.
Anyway, If Tindell's office is of a similar size, it would not be surprising if two thirds of this staff were put into the scheme.
Have the reporters tried to twist money he pays to his staff as money he is paying himself?
According to the accounts, the company has only one member of staff
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 32646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by eldanielfire »

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:23 pm
inactionman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:56 pm I did the same - self-employed through my own limited company and was binned at start of pandemic - I claimed less than £500 a month as my salary was small, most of my earnings are dividends depending upon how well I do in a given year. Looks like that is what Tindall would have got as well. Not sure what he's up to with the loan thing, my accountant advised me to do this for e.g. a car purchase but not to stretch it too far - report indicate he's still got £330k outstanding, which I'd say is taking the piss.

Can't believe he earns a huge amount through speaking - unless he's some raconteur VIP on the after-dinner circuit - and that's sure as hell gone to shite with lockdown.

Whether he needs to do it with the inherited wealth - which is where I'd assume the £15m figure comes from - is a separate question.
They sometimes allude to some fairly elitist stuff he gets up on TGTBTR podcast - he is probably doing a fair bit of highly paid top corporate stuff
Yeah, I get that impression too. I think his standard of corporate stuff is flying out somewhere and hob knobbing with real rich people. Didn't say he golfed with Tiger Woods on a corporate in Japan at some point?

Yes, he's here with a couple of Irish fellas, probably freeloading:

Image
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 32646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by eldanielfire »

Sefton wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:27 pm
Leinster in London wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:09 pm If he pays himself the minimum, £732/m, then that is his furlough money.

A few years ago I worked down the corridor from the office of a motivational speaker, an ex rower.
He actually had five or six others working for him. I could understand one or two, taking bookings, doing secretarial work, and doing accounts. I never quite understood how he kept the others busy.
Anyway, If Tindell's office is of a similar size, it would not be surprising if two thirds of this staff were put into the scheme.
Have the reporters tried to twist money he pays to his staff as money he is paying himself?
According to the accounts, the company has only one member of staff
I wonder how the reporters twisted that into a simple and direct fact that is hard to refute? :x
shereblue
Posts: 4896
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by shereblue »

eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:36 pm
shereblue wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:26 pm Typical Planet Rugby clickbait.

Nothing to do with Tindall. His accountants arrange his taxes like they do for any sensible person and claim benefits on offer. No hint of an artificial tax avoidance scheme in sight.

There's been no bribery or corruption or "donation" or even risk-taking greed. Let alone off shore planning or evasion.
But no one has claimed this at all.

Interesting to see some Tory types who've licked the arses of Dyson, Ratcliffe, Martin and the like now suddenly showing themselves to be envious lefties and so woke thay would apparently decline non-means-tested handouts such as child benefit, formerly free TV licences, winter fuel allowances, disability benefit etc, etc.

They like Tory nationalism though, oh yes and putting the boot into the genuinely poor. Questions to Sunak.
What Tories here has licked the arse off Dyson for his tax/financial arrangement then? Or ever gave credit to Martin who last I read here was roundly condemned for being a c#nt to his employers by everyone here and everyone else.
Pick me up on the rant part of my post by all means.

Tindall's been called a dick, a prick and so on. Don't recall which particular adjective you used but there's been no wrong doing alleged, so perhaps you should explain why you directed your own insult at Mike Tindall?

I didn't see anything deserving of an insult.

If you think Sunak has spaffed resources up the wall, then that's a different question.
bimboman
Posts: 70454
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by bimboman »

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 pm Fair enough for me, he just has a good accountant. Blame the politicians who allowed it.

Administration of means testing would cost more than it saves.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 32646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by eldanielfire »

shereblue wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:43 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:36 pm
shereblue wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:26 pm Typical Planet Rugby clickbait.

Nothing to do with Tindall. His accountants arrange his taxes like they do for any sensible person and claim benefits on offer. No hint of an artificial tax avoidance scheme in sight.

There's been no bribery or corruption or "donation" or even risk-taking greed. Let alone off shore planning or evasion.
But no one has claimed this at all.

Interesting to see some Tory types who've licked the arses of Dyson, Ratcliffe, Martin and the like now suddenly showing themselves to be envious lefties and so woke thay would apparently decline non-means-tested handouts such as child benefit, formerly free TV licences, winter fuel allowances, disability benefit etc, etc.

They like Tory nationalism though, oh yes and putting the boot into the genuinely poor. Questions to Sunak.
What Tories here has licked the arse off Dyson for his tax/financial arrangement then? Or ever gave credit to Martin who last I read here was roundly condemned for being a c#nt to his employers by everyone here and everyone else.
Pick me up on the rant part of my post by all means.

Tindall's been called a dick, a prick and so on. Don't recall which particular adjective you used but there's been no wrong doing alleged, so perhaps you should explain why you directed your own insult at Mike Tindall?

I didn't see anything deserving of an insult.

If you think Sunak has spaffed resources up the wall, then that's a different question.
No one has said Tindall broke any laws or dodged anything. But it still stinks reeks of a sense of unfairness in a moral sense when millionaires penny pinch of government handouts for private gain. Most posters here find it emotionally repulsive on principle, but for some reason you suddenly burst in and make it all about politics for literally no reason.

You seemed to have a bee in your bonnet for taking aim at Tories. listing all kinds of irrelevant policies. I mean people can think morally Furlough shouldn't be used by the rich and think child benefit shouldn't be as well. That doesn't make you switch to a leftie or a hypocrite.

What's more you seem to be inventing those positions people have supposed to have taken. I mean since when have people criticizing Tindal ever been against Child Benefit bein means tested so the people in most need get it? You seem to be making up imaginary arguments.
User avatar
inactionman
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by inactionman »

bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:50 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 pm Fair enough for me, he just has a good accountant. Blame the politicians who allowed it.

Administration of means testing would cost more than it saves.
Aye, although I'm gritting my teeth at some of the tales of fraud I'd prefer people who need help get it quickly, even if some take advantage, rather than delay too long. Part of the point of furlough pay is to disincentivise people from going to work, so no point waiting until they're in such financial dire straits they need to go to work before looking to help.

Didn't NZ do a blanket grant for their lockdown, or am I misremembering? (I'd google if I could be botrhered)
bimboman
Posts: 70454
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by bimboman »

inactionman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:09 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:50 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 pm Fair enough for me, he just has a good accountant. Blame the politicians who allowed it.

Administration of means testing would cost more than it saves.
Aye, although I'm gritting my teeth at some of the tales of fraud I'd prefer people who need help get it quickly, even if some take advantage, rather than delay too long. Part of the point of furlough pay is to disincentivise people from going to work, so no point waiting until they're in such financial dire straits they need to go to work before looking to help.

Didn't NZ do a blanket grant for their lockdown, or am I misremembering? (I'd google if I could be botrhered)


Also Tindalls other income would put him in the 40% bracket so most of the furlough goes straight back.
Masterji
Posts: 2004
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by Masterji »

Your not going to be allowed to bang the Queens grand daughter if you are not loaded especially if you have a face that looks like its been stuck up someone's arse.
shereblue
Posts: 4896
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Mike Tindall - dodges tax better than he dodged defenders.

Post by shereblue »

eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:03 pm
shereblue wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:43 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:36 pm
shereblue wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:26 pm Typical Planet Rugby clickbait.

Nothing to do with Tindall. His accountants arrange his taxes like they do for any sensible person and claim benefits on offer. No hint of an artificial tax avoidance scheme in sight.

There's been no bribery or corruption or "donation" or even risk-taking greed. Let alone off shore planning or evasion.
But no one has claimed this at all.

Interesting to see some Tory types who've licked the arses of Dyson, Ratcliffe, Martin and the like now suddenly showing themselves to be envious lefties and so woke thay would apparently decline non-means-tested handouts such as child benefit, formerly free TV licences, winter fuel allowances, disability benefit etc, etc.

They like Tory nationalism though, oh yes and putting the boot into the genuinely poor. Questions to Sunak.
What Tories here has licked the arse off Dyson for his tax/financial arrangement then? Or ever gave credit to Martin who last I read here was roundly condemned for being a c#nt to his employers by everyone here and everyone else.
Pick me up on the rant part of my post by all means.

Tindall's been called a dick, a prick and so on. Don't recall which particular adjective you used but there's been no wrong doing alleged, so perhaps you should explain why you directed your own insult at Mike Tindall?

I didn't see anything deserving of an insult.

If you think Sunak has spaffed resources up the wall, then that's a different question.
No one has said Tindall broke any laws or dodged anything. But it still stinks reeks of a sense of unfairness in a moral sense when millionaires penny pinch of government handouts for private gain. Most posters here find it emotionally repulsive on principle, but for some reason you suddenly burst in and make it all about politics for literally no reason.

You seemed to have a bee in your bonnet for taking aim at Tories. listing all kinds of irrelevant policies. I mean people can think morally Furlough shouldn't be used by the rich and think child benefit shouldn't be as well. That doesn't make you switch to a leftie or a hypocrite.

What's more you seem to be inventing those positions people have supposed to have taken. I mean since when have people criticizing Tindal ever been against Child Benefit bein means tested so the people in most need get it? You seem to be making up imaginary arguments.
I admit I invited you to pick me up on my rant. You have. My mini-rant was gratuitous and not really relevant.

I hadn't been singling you out. If you don't want to row back from your insult of Mike Tindall, that's your privilege.

I accept that a good number find it "emotionally repulsive" when millionaires "penny pinch". Hence the tone of the article posted. FWIW, I don't share your certainty that a majority of posters here are in fact so repelled.

Except for impecunious widows rattling about in Surrey mansions, I personally don't know any active millionaires that don't engage accountants. While Chancellors both give and take, accountants will penny pinch. It's just how the UK works. And as far as I know that applies to the western world.

There's a whole class of Mike Tindalls out there. We don't even know that he furloughed himself. The reason he has been singled out is because he has a certain minor celebrity, enhanced by his royal connection. You can be repelled if you like. A number of feature writers will earn a good living being repelled.

I don't know enough about Mike Tindall. If thousands and thousands of wealthy people have benefited financially, whether from the furlough scheme or other aspects of our tax system, in a way we consider ill-judged, then we have plenty of information on which to base an opinion.
Post Reply