ex-POTUS DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
Deadtigers

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Post by Deadtigers »

NBC News

@NBCNews
BREAKING: Under Secretary of State Steve Goldstein is being fired for contradicting the account of Rex Tillerson’s dismissal, White House official tells @NBCPolitics - @PeterAlexander

12:31 PM - Mar 13, 2018
penguin

Post by penguin »

Good energy today :lol:
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

New record!! We have number 4!!

"ICE spokesman resigns, citing fabrications by agency chief, Sessions about Calif. immigrant arrests"

"“I quit because I didn’t want to perpetuate misleading facts,”

So basically the ICE chief and Sessions pressured him to lie about the impact Oakland Mayor Libby Schaff's warning of impending ICE raids there:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l ... 3d2721b461
houtkabouter

Post by houtkabouter »

There was no way Putin was going to let him stay after he collided with the UK, so he pulled the string.
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

free_safety wrote:Tillerson should have known better than to accuse the russians of killing that UK double agent. The Russians have video of trump doing crazy things with russian prostitutes.
Ironic that Tillerson was pretty much hand picked by Putin - after Putin had vetoed Mitt Romney.

Given that another London based Russian who fell out with Putin has been found dead yesterday, maybe Tilly needs to watch his back?
Santa

Post by Santa »

Every day is a Dev Leopard day

https://youtu.be/ZM6LOmA_2WY
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Deadtigers wrote:New record!! We have number 4!!

"ICE spokesman resigns, citing fabrications by agency chief, Sessions about Calif. immigrant arrests"

"“I quit because I didn’t want to perpetuate misleading facts,”

So basically the ICE chief and Sessions pressured him to lie about the impact Oakland Mayor Libby Schaff's warning of impending ICE raids there:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l ... 3d2721b461
No chaos, no chaos!

Just as long as Betsy DeVos is still there to stabilize things.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

The circus continues
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

I kid you not, on of the Trumpistas on my Facbeook says the constant sackings, firings and dismissals are a good thing. A sign that Trump is shaking things up. :shock: :lol: :lol:
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Well at least he's still attending to important things like holding a a White House meeting on violence in the gaming industry. That's clearly the reason why so many people are going postal with AR-15s bought at Walmart.
Taranaki Snapper

Post by Taranaki Snapper »

fishfoodie wrote:
Mattis might go, because I think he understands honor; but Mnuchin, as Gunny put it so elouquently; is the kind of guy who'd:
Fuck a person in the ass not give him a reach around.
the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around!
Saint

Post by Saint »

flaggETERNAL wrote:I kid you not, on of the Trumpistas on my Facbeook says the constant sackings, firings and dismissals are a good thing. A sign that Trump is shaking things up. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Firing the people he brought in to shake things up is shaking it up? Like Northampton Saints fans, they're delusion
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Saint wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:I kid you not, on of the Trumpistas on my Facbeook says the constant sackings, firings and dismissals are a good thing. A sign that Trump is shaking things up. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Firing the people he brought in to shake things up is shaking it up? Like Northampton Saints fans, they're delusion
I can't wait till Mueller moves on Kushner.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

Floppykid wrote:
Saint wrote:
I can't wait till Mueller moves on Kushner.
Well, look at what happened today.

Why was Tillerson sacked today ?

I posted a link to another Frum article; but this one is probably more important.

We're now at a stage; where ultra-conservatives, in good standing with the GOP heartland, are calling the way the Trump WH is reacting to threats from Russia, & asking why the WH is unable to just do the basics of International Relations, in supporting an Ally, when the Russia is the aggressor.

As has become typical of this administration, they're not even able to be competent when pretending to not be corruptly & traitorously under Russian influence.
puku

Post by puku »

Saint

Post by Saint »

Changed your mind about *likely to.win"?
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

86% counted and still up by 1.4%.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Mr Mike wrote:86% counted and still up by 1.4%.
700 votes in it
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

CBS have 95% in and Lamb at 49.9%, Saccone at 49.4%
Lamb 101,979
Saccone 100,979
Last edited by Kiwias on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Saint wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:86% counted and still up by 1.4%.
700 votes in it
Got to hand it to Puku, read the momentum. Hannity just described the Repub as a weak candidate as he surged.
puku

Post by puku »

Saint wrote:Changed your mind about *likely to.win"?
Mea culpa.

Race is tighter than a duck's proverbial. Having said that, in a district that Trump took by 20% the result should be viewed as a referendum on the Orange One.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

This is what gets me. I'm sure the usual suspects on this thread will keep defending him.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

Anonymous. wrote:
This is what gets me. I'm sure the usual suspects on this thread will keep defending him.
Ah you've got it wrong. Trump has no defenders on this here fred. Just neutrals, those just having a laugh, and the anti anti-Trumpers. Apparently.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

puku wrote:
Saint wrote:Changed your mind about *likely to.win"?
Mea culpa.

Race is tighter than a duck's proverbial. Having said that, in a district that Trump took by 20% the result should be viewed as a referendum on the Orange One.
CNN have Lamb in the lead by 847 votes. It's going to come down to absentee ballots which Saccone needs 63-64% of to make up the deficit.

Do absentees generally favour one party over the other?
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

3208 remaining absentee ballots sent out (not returned).

Nate Cohn
‏Verified account @Nate_Cohn
2m2 minutes ago
CNN says there are 3206 absentees outstanding in GOP counties. Saccone would need to win those by 20. He didn't on eday.

And Lamb won 62% of the Allegheny absentee vote. That's 5% higher than on Election Day. So it seems quite reasonable to make Lamb a clear favorite, assuming he can be expected to run ahead of his Election Day count by a similar margin elsewhere
But would still be soooo close
This district wont exist at next election. But it's bad for the GOP to lose a solidly R district regardless of the result.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

In a district Trump won by 20 points, where the GOP spent $10 million, IF they lose this...

Also, let's nbot forget why this election got called in the first place eh. GOP family values what?
Hong Kong

Post by Hong Kong »

Anonymous. wrote:
as per normal when there is nothing even remotely capable of being defended, they go quiet...very very quiet
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

Hong Kong wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
as per normal when there is nothing even remotely capable of being defended, they go quiet...very very quiet
Careful, you'll get santa dropping a one liner on you.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

Just saw on the news that two other white house advisers have been sacked because they contradicted Trump's official line on why Tillerson was sacked. :lol:

The Kremlin would be quite proud of how this purge has gone.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Auckman wrote:Just saw on the news that two other white house advisers have been sacked because they contradicted Trump's official line on why Tillerson was sacked. :lol:

The Kremlin would be quite proud of how this purge has gone.
Draining the swamp, man, draining the swamp.
free_safety

Post by free_safety »

flaggETERNAL wrote:In a district Trump won by 20 points, where the GOP spent $10 million, IF they lose this...

Also, let's nbot forget why this election got called in the first place eh. GOP family values what?
The mere fact that democrats are competitive here shows that tramp has made democrats realize the importance of voting in local elections including special elections. And also people realize that the so called tax cuts were a sham that mostly benefited super wealthy types.
houtkabouter

Post by houtkabouter »

is that so?

/Santa
puku

Post by puku »

The rumour is that Stormy will be on 60 minutes this Sunday primed and ready to show and tell.

And on the PA-18 result, does mean that the so-called Trump political phenomenon can now be put down as nothing more that an emperor without clothes?
Bowens

Post by Bowens »

PA-18 result is good for anyone against corporate PAC money.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Bowens wrote:PA-18 result is good for anyone against corporate PAC money.
What do you think of the candidate if you don't mind me asking? From what I'm seeing he's not exactly a progressive and he was picked by conference.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

puku wrote:The rumour is that Stormy will be on 60 minutes this Sunday primed and ready to show and tell.

And on the PA-18 result, does mean that the so-called Trump political phenomenon can now be put down as nothing more that an emperor without clothes?
I don't think so. Regardless of the result, the fact that Trump got himself into the Whitehouse was a political achievement that defied all norms and I'd make the pitch that it was in itself both educational and the sign of a healthy political system. At the end of the day it has shown that people who buck the system can still get into positions of responsibility. While Trump isn't a resounding success there may be a time down the track when a leader who isn't a prisoner of the superpacs and lobbyists raises their head and makes a contribution. It has also been a lesson for democratic societies world-wide who all have the faults of complacency and apathy towards the voting system. And that's putting a negative slant on what was an extraordinary political feat by Trump... all the factors that lead to his success: his use of modern media, the tapping of an undercurrent in society that others ignored, his personal direct style, all deserve study and understanding.
Bowens

Post by Bowens »

paddyor wrote:
What do you think of the candidate if you don't mind me asking? From what I'm seeing he's not exactly a progressive and he was picked by conference.
Lamb is alright. Much better than Cordray, the guy the Ohio Democratic Party is backing for gov vs Kucinich. He has like an A rating from the NRA. :?
Maniototo Man

Post by Maniototo Man »

NY Post are having a bit of fun. :D

Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Bowens wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Lamb is alright. Much better than Cordray, the guy the Ohio Democratic Party is backing for gov vs Kucinich. He has like an A rating from the NRA. :?
The thing a lot of bonkers neo-progressive Bernie Sanders types forget is not every candidate can be pure.
You're going to have to have candidates tailor made for races.
Bowens

Post by Bowens »

Floppykid wrote:
Bowens wrote:
paddyor wrote:
The thing a lot of bonkers neo-progressive Bernie Sanders types forget is not every candidate can be pure.
You're going to have to have candidates tailor made for races.
Well you will have the need for a Doug Jones every now and again but progressive candidates are running well across the country. They are having particular success in the Rust Belt and Appalachia, where much of the electorate would be more populist than particularly conservative or liberal.